Buying OEM...Good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodRaven

ever sinse my first computer ive ever built ive always gone with the oem products online to construct my computer with but every time i do it seems that thereis at least one or two items that are always bad and need to be sent back, its a big hassle. im wondering if i should just suck it up and pay the extra money to by my stuff retail. but is it really worth it to pay so much extra for the same product?
:confused:

OEM is great.

Sounds like you've just had bad luck or have been ordering from the wrong people.

no fancy books, no fancy boxes, but 50% cheaper. thats the better choice. who wouldnt choose that option. you cant sell boxes for $50 can you?.

I've bought OEM many times, and only retail when I could get a big rebate on it like Staples/Best Buy/Circuit City like to do. I've had no problems - I'd say keep going OEM unless you want the fancy boxes to show off, or don't want to read the manual (who reads those anyway?) in pdf format.

ok thanks for the info....my main place to buy stuff is NewEgg. that place rocks! and no i never read those pointless manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back