TechSpot

Buzzing sound from front audio outlet

1. I hear a buzzing sound from my audio speakers, and this post actually explains it nearly perfectly.
    from http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=143685

The solutions on that forum say grounding, shielding, and basically things that I am clueless about.
    Help :)?
    Thanks...

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Topic Starter Posts: 3,435   +145

Please...?

3. Dhakos

Dhakos TS Enthusiast Posts: 79

A guitar jack going into an amp, if you touch the metal end you'll hear a buzz from the current through your body etc. is it similar to this sound?
    Either way I think it sounds like a loose connection or perhaps even very slight arking somewhere?

By the fact that you hear it through multiple headphones and speakers it definetly points to your front audio panel being the problem though.

4. hellokitty[hk]

Yeah it works fine coming from the back. I've already gone into my case and rehooked the relevant wires a few times, nothing.

Quoted from the forum linked above:
    Definitely digital cross-talk...It also mentions that dell computer that have had this problem have been fixed with shielding dongles. Not that I know anything, which is why I post this thread.

5. hellokitty[hk]

Weird stuff:
    Whenever I continually move my mouse over Chrome's new tab quicklinks thumbnails, the sound stops.
    It seems that anywhere else, moving the mouse adds to the noise.

6. GHopkins

GHopkins TS Rookie

If it's only on the front panel, it's most likely interference on the cable going from the front audio panel to the motherboard header. The only thing you can really do about this is to attempt to reroute the cable if within the case it's close to anything that could cause interference (hard drives, PSU).