Buzzing sound - Headphones/Microphone

By Vincentor
Dec 8, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!

I just bought a pair of new headphones, SteelPad 5H Headset

https://www.steelpad.com/shop/default.asp?main=products (Not the USB version)

The audio is perfect, but the problem is i hear this very loud, constant, buzzing sound everytime i turn the microphone on.

I have no idea what the problem is Cant really explain it.

(For thoose who know what Ventrilo is..)
    I went into Setup in Ventrilo, and used the Monitor function. When i keep the microphone volume on "Low" (Its got a controller on the cord to controll the audio) i get a constant buzz of 30-50 units. When i keep it at "High" i get a constant buzz of 250-270 units.

It's unbearable :/ I was hoping to throw my old table microphone away when i bought this headset, but its unusable :/

There arent any drivers with theese headphones, so it must be something else.
    I didnt get this buzz with my last headphone/microphone.

Does anybody might know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance!
  2. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,285   +281

4. PC_Nerd

PC_Nerd Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

Wats the Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) on you soundcard, because, perhaps the headphones are picking up some noise due to thier fairly high SNR (of 110dB).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.