TechSpot

C-media 3d audio configuration in systray

By neorican
May 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I recently had some repairs done on my computer and my sound on some devices like WINAMP, and recording playback and most everything else relating to audio is now scratchy --irritating .

My repairs involved reinstalling windows and my motherboard has the sound card installed on it ----OOPS I am using windows xp .
    I noticed in the system tray, that I have something there NOW called " c- media 3d audio configuration ", which i never had
    before . could this be the possible cause of my problems ----It does not seem to do any thing except raise or lower volume .
    I wanted to try to disable it and see if this gets things back to the way they were.
    Is this device necessary and if not how can I disable it.

Thanks you for your help----- Ralph

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Generally not necessary.
    It can be disabled by opening your " c- media 3d audio configuration " program (either in the Start->All Programs list, or in Control Panel)

I say generally because if Sound suddenly stops working you can just re-enable it.

Another option is Startup Control Panel, where you can also untick this startup (including any other not required startups).

Mind you I don't believe this will fix the fault. It may be a matter of re-confirming that you have the most up to date driver installed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.