C-media 3d audio configuration in systray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I recently had some repairs done on my computer and my sound on some devices like WINAMP, and recording playback and most everything else relating to audio is now scratchy --irritating .

My repairs involved reinstalling windows and my motherboard has the sound card installed on it ----OOPS I am using windows xp .
I noticed in the system tray, that I have something there NOW called " c- media 3d audio configuration ", which i never had
before . could this be the possible cause of my problems ----It does not seem to do any thing except raise or lower volume .
I wanted to try to disable it and see if this gets things back to the way they were.
Is this device necessary and if not how can I disable it.

Thanks you for your help----- Ralph

Generally not necessary.
It can be disabled by opening your " c- media 3d audio configuration " program (either in the Start->All Programs list, or in Control Panel)

I say generally because if Sound suddenly stops working you can just re-enable it.

Another option is Startup Control Panel, where you can also untick this startup (including any other not required startups).

Mind you I don't believe this will fix the fault. It may be a matter of re-confirming that you have the most up to date driver installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back