C:\recycled\boot.com is not valid for Win32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

I was using computer for awhile and then when I went to My Computer, and check out the Hard Disk Drive, and then a box pop up and said : "C:\resycled\boot.com is not valid for Win32", that's also happened when I tried to open my USB

“Resycled” and related info is evidence of a fairly common virus with fairly common fixes. We will touché upon a couple of them.

Quick way: Comparatively easy to remove, but that won’’t seem right to you under stress.
First, update all your antivirus and antispyware software. Then scan the computer while in SAFE MODE.
Restart the computer after the scans. Go to My Computer ->Tools->Folder Options->View->Select “Hidden Files and Folders-> Go to your infected drive using the Right Click. Open, and yous should see the hidden folders: ( Recycler->Resycled->Autorun.Ini). Select each of them and click on SHIFT+DELETE & ENTER. When done, restart. You should be done.
Perhaps a better, slower explanation:
To get rid of this virus/ infestations, start your Windows XP in safe mode,
then click Start -> Run.
Type in regedit. Then click okay.
At the beginning of the Regedit registry editor, click
Edit -> Find.
Type boot.com and click Find Next
Each result of a new “Boot.com,” click the Del or Delete key, and then click on “Find Next” until it finds no more. You could find as many as 10 to 15 this way.
Next, you must reveal the hidden folders:
Insert all your external drive and flash drives that have been used in the past 90 days… all drives you have used with your computer.
Open My Computer.
Click Tools->Folder Options->View
Then select “Show Hidden Files and Folders, and click “Okay.”
For each of the drives, open and delete “recycled” folder AND “autorun.inf.
Back up each autorun.inf BEFORE deleting each one from any of the drives. You never know when one of those might be a necessary file instead of an infestation.
Close and reboot your computer from a Cold Boot. You will likely find that the problem is gone.

thanks... I found a registry C:\resycled\boot.com I delected it but it keeps coming back afterward and when I open my flash drive there's no folder resycler

I wonder where's that virus from??? is it because my USB data contains virus??? what's the purpose of the virus???

after I deleted the registry, when I tried to open the disk drive or USB it said have to open associate with Folder Opition control panel, and something that I can't remember and then the computer suddenly restarted. When it log on, there's a box said a serious system has been recovered...(I log on normal mode not safe mode

As one of them... but be sure to use two or more... of the free ones, I would include SuperAntiSpyware, and the online download version of Spyware Doctor.
No one scanner will find them all...

If you use paid versions, I would use Spyware Doctor and SpySweeper.

I used Spyware Doctor, it works but when I plug in a USB the virus came back...so I had to make a back up for all my USB, and format all them...so it's fine now but I can't access google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back