C:\Windows\system32\Riched20.dll Windows Vista...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waseem

I've been getting this error after i updated my computer "C:\Windows\system32\Riched20.dll" ...And now everytime i start my pc it comes up and my messenger doesnt open or anything it is very annoying...It say on the top of the window Msnmsgr.exe - bad Imageand goes on saying "C:\Windows\system32\Riched20.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the progrma again using the orginal installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."...I tried deleting and re-installing but it didn't really work i need this to be fix...I Need help please i dont know what to do thank you!

"after i updated my compute"

Is this you? "i recently updated my pc with service pack 2 and now some of my programs won't load as it cannot find riched20.dll file."

If it is, SP2 is not a Vista update. Go to Add/Remove in the Control Panel and uninstall it.

Well thats what it told me it was a vista n i got vista home premium. but ill try what you tell me to do

It's not unheard of for Microsoft to include an update that does not apply to what a user has. That's why it's important to check the content and purpose of each update before installing it. this can be done by using the Custom install process rather than Express install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back