Cables for hard drive and disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacks

Neither came with any cables, so I need to know what cables I'll need and what to do with them.

13-128-048-14.jpg

The motherboard came with 2 SATA cables, and two of the plastic strip kind (don't know what they're called).
I can tell where maybe one side goes into the device or where it goes into the motherboard, but I don't know both for any of them. What goes where?

You say that you're putting the motherboard together yourself eh?

With the plastic strip kind and "What goes where" problem?

Hmm it may be a good idea to start with the manual, and also possibly have someone with you who is experienced in where things go, and what they're callled.

There's just too much to mention, unless someone else wants to give it a go.

No, I'm not putting the motherboard together, or someone here is misinterpreting something. The motherboard is ready, it's in the case, so is the PSU, I'm connecting the hdd and DVD drive.

I couldn't find the SATA ports on the motherboard at first, and each device is now connected by SATA cables to the motherboard. Since both devices are SATA, and I have them both connected to the motherboard.

Need to get something straight here:
I used the manual, I'm not having any problems with the motherboard. I originally did not find any SATA cables, but then remembered I put them back in the box only after posting this thread. I don't have any problems right now.

Your Welcome i guess

Now you need to install the SATA RAID drivers.
(Thats the hardest part) useing the cd.
Was IT in the box?

I have all the disks I need, I'm still connecting the front panel wires right now, so I'm not to installing anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back