Call of Duty 4 - same FPS on low and high res

KingSingh

I have been playing Call of Duty 4 for a long time. I used to have a GeForce 7300 which was capable of running the game at low-med settings with reasonably good FPS. The FPS fluctuated between different resolutions, as you'd expect.

I now have a GeForce 7950GT, but I get the same FPS on different resolutions, e.g. 640x480 and 1440x900. I think this indicates a bottleneck, but I'm not sure what is bottlenecking it.

How can I find out what the problem is (or the bottlenecking component)?
Thanks in advance. ^_^

in some games the resolution does not have a huge impact on the gaming performance , so you will have the same fps in all resolutions .

KingSingh, I play CoD4 competitively. I don't know what kind of FPS you want to get. 125fps or 250fps are best, so-called sweet spot (it's a bug in the Id Tech 3 engine which let's you jump further etc). I don't know what the problem is with your fps acting like that, even though you switched video cards. I do know, however, how to increase your fps. Navigate to bashandslash(.)com and to Call of Duty 4, and see if you can get an explaination on what a config is (I'm presuming you don't exactly know what it is/does, sorry if u do :p ). Then get one of their configs from the site, or go to cfgfactory(.)com and get one there. This will make the game look ugly as ****, but at least you'll have a high fps :)

KingSingh, I play CoD4 competitively. I don't know what kind of FPS you want to get. 125fps or 250fps are best, so-called sweet spot (it's a bug in the Id Tech 3 engine which let's you jump further etc). I don't know what the problem is with your fps acting like that, even though you switched video cards. I do know, however, how to increase your fps. Navigate to bashandslash(.)com and to Call of Duty 4, and see if you can get an explaination on what a config is (I'm presuming you don't exactly know what it is/does, sorry if u do :p ). Then get one of their configs from the site, or go to cfgfactory(.)com and get one there. This will make the game look ugly as ****, but at least you'll have a high fps :)

I also play competitively. I am aware of the engine bugs that allow you to strafe jump further with specific FPS caps. I used to use an edited version of yitch3, and tbh, it was bad, and didn't offer me any more than 5 additional FPS.

Back