'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer hits the web three days early

Shawn Knight

Staff member

call duty advanced warfare activision call of duty sledgehammer games kevin spacey

The reveal trailer for the next entry in the Call of Duty franchise wasn’t scheduled to drop until Sunday but a flood of leaks forced Activision to publish the clip early. As many speculated leading up to the reveal, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will take place in the future and includes a big name special guest in Kevin Spacey.

As seen in the clip below, Spacey plays the game’s main antagonist – the leader of a private military company waging war against the US government. But the bigger questions about the game revolve around whether or not it’ll be able to reverse the declining sales in the franchise since peaking with 2011’s Modern Warfare 3.

Black Ops 2 sold a little less than MW3 the next year but it was 2013’s Ghosts that really disappointed. Are fans simply growing tired of the Call of Duty franchise or is there more at play than meets the eye?

Some believe Ghosts was destined for a smaller following due to the fact that it launched around the same time as next generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony. As a result, many saw Ghosts as a title designed for last generation systems that was simply upconverted to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Additionally, most of the game’s audience was still playing on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

With the next release, there’s no doubt that it’s being designed with next generation in mind.

Sledgehammer Games is in charge of development for Advanced Warfare, the same company that co-developed MW3. It’s expected to ship on November 4.

Permalink to story.

Lots of celebs and looks like a good milking gonna go on in this one :) Hope its good tho otherwise its another blatant attempt at milking customers.

Last CoD I fully played was MW2, I played BOps for a little more than an hour and I got bored. Before watching this trailer I was "another d*mn iteration of CoD", but after watching it twice it got my attention once again, the storyline seems interesting at least to me and I hope it will bring a lot of good changes.

I have stopped believing Activision or most of the smaller divisions making CoD actually care enough to make an actual game instead of using Ctrl+C and CTRL+V to make the next iteration. CoD Ghosts and MW3 made it very apparent that they did not care enough to actually make a game and instead tried repackaging MW2 with a few bug fixes, a few different maps, and gun re-skins. Ill give it a try, but I can guarantee I will wait and buy it used because I do not intend to give Activision anymore money until they earn my trust back.

Last edited:
I have stopped believing Activision or most of the smaller divisions making CoD actually care enough to make an actual game instead of using Ctrl+C and CTRL+V to make the next iteration. CoD Ghosts and MW3 made it very apparent that they did not care enough to actually make a game and instead tried repackaging MW2 with a few bug fixes, a few different maps, and gun re-skins. Ill give it a try, but I can guarantee I will wait and buy it used because I do not intend to give Activision anymore money until they earn my trust back.
It seems Infinity Ward thought "Hey, we've hit a gold mine 'ere lads" at CoD 4 and hit copy+paste, changed a few gun textures and a few small adjustments to the story, I have enjoyed the Treyarch games though, but I think they have also gone down hill recently too, BO II seemed rushed but with 3 years since BO II, I hope Treyarch have a decent amount of money and use their time wisely to make a decent immersive game.

It actually isn't Activision fault, it is the gamers buying the games.

I lost all interest in the COD franchise after the 1st Modern Warfare but I'll check this one out because the trailer we've just seen shows some good moves. If it has a short, crappy single player campaign I'll do what I've done with the rest since the 1st MW, ignore it.

I tried Ghosts and it was just awful, I actually ended up picking up BO2 for half off since it was the better game and still has a large community. People are definitely getting tired of the series, since it's basically the same game each year. MW1 was the best overall, MW2 perfected the streak rewards and since then it's been nothing but a tweak of a proven formula while using a nearly identical graphics engine. It's time for more than a refresh, they actually have to innovate for once.

Ive owned three cod games with the most recent being blackops one. Spent more time on Nazi zombies then the all other aspects off all three combined. If there was ONE thing they could have copy pasted it should have been that.

Personally I will never buy cod again because I think the multiplayer is cramped and has no strategy but I think the game market in general needs to move away from a new cod every year. It fractures the playerbase across multiple iterations of the same thing on top of the fact it is already split between next/last gen on sony and Microsoft systems.

Oh look, another collapsing bridge scenario.

I call a big FAIL on this one. Shame.

They really need a new director who can make these things interesting, not just flashy.

Looks like they're starting to get it right again. COD needs a strong focus on single player. They multiplayer masses will buy the game regardless, but I originally liked the series for the campaign. It's one of the few games that makes you feel you're playing an over the top action movie. I enjoy that, but like many people have said on here, the quality has gone from enjoyable to WTF??? Ghosts was horrible. I had to force myself to finish it. BO 2's campaign wasn't bad, felt cut off. The end things started getting really cool, and the game just ended. Could have been better. MW3 was terrible story wise, but ok action wise. I liked MW2's campaign a lot. The ending was great. But MW1 and prior I never played the multiplayer at all. The campaigns held up well enough for me that I was done, and satisfied with the games. Hopefully that's the direction they're going.

Add campaign co-op with regular updates and additions and I'll pay the $60. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Some of us are not the only child with no family or friends to play with and require online multiplayer to gain attention and feel loved. Some of us actually actually have LAN parties with family and friends and require games that have campaign co-op. World at war rocks for campaign co-op.

No chance I will pay money for another activision incarnation, I am still pissed about the $$$ wasted on BO II.
Ghosts was too buggy to buy

How much better can this be?

It's the guy from K-Pax, awesome, too bad it's Call of Duty though. :x

Back