TechSpot

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer hits the web three days early

By Shawn Knight
May 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The reveal trailer for the next entry in the Call of Duty franchise wasn't scheduled to drop until Sunday but a flood of leaks forced Activision to publish the clip early. As many speculated leading up to the reveal, Call...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

House of Cards star, depicting american presidency as the culmination of one's lie and deceit. Quite a role model...

wastedkill likes this.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Lots of celebs and looks like a good milking gonna go on in this one :) Hope its good tho otherwise its another blatant attempt at milking customers.

4. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 481   +159

Last CoD I fully played was MW2, I played BOps for a little more than an hour and I got bored. Before watching this trailer I was "another d*mn iteration of CoD", but after watching it twice it got my attention once again, the storyline seems interesting at least to me and I hope it will bring a lot of good changes.

5. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 752   +273

It has my kind of scifi, so I might have to pick this one up...

wastedkill likes this.
  6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

I'm gonna keep my eye on this one. CoD can't suck forever.

jackal2687 likes this.
  7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

I have stopped believing Activision or most of the smaller divisions making CoD actually care enough to make an actual game instead of using Ctrl+C and CTRL+V to make the next iteration. CoD Ghosts and MW3 made it very apparent that they did not care enough to actually make a game and instead tried repackaging MW2 with a few bug fixes, a few different maps, and gun re-skins. Ill give it a try, but I can guarantee I will wait and buy it used because I do not intend to give Activision anymore money until they earn my trust back.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    lmike6453 likes this.
  8. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 865   +434

I'm sure they can prove you wrong time and time and time and time and time again ;)
    ...and time again! :p

9. hopgop1

hopgop1 TS Booster Posts: 165   +31

It seems Infinity Ward thought "Hey, we've hit a gold mine 'ere lads" at CoD 4 and hit copy+paste, changed a few gun textures and a few small adjustments to the story, I have enjoyed the Treyarch games though, but I think they have also gone down hill recently too, BO II seemed rushed but with 3 years since BO II, I hope Treyarch have a decent amount of money and use their time wisely to make a decent immersive game.

10. It actually isn't Activision fault, it is the gamers buying the games.

11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,051

I lost all interest in the COD franchise after the 1st Modern Warfare but I'll check this one out because the trailer we've just seen shows some good moves. If it has a short, crappy single player campaign I'll do what I've done with the rest since the 1st MW, ignore it.

12. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 708   +168

I tried Ghosts and it was just awful, I actually ended up picking up BO2 for half off since it was the better game and still has a large community. People are definitely getting tired of the series, since it's basically the same game each year. MW1 was the best overall, MW2 perfected the streak rewards and since then it's been nothing but a tweak of a proven formula while using a nearly identical graphics engine. It's time for more than a refresh, they actually have to innovate for once.

13. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

Yay! Another year, another Call of Duty. And it's being released in November. Soon we will rename November Call of Duty.

TheLastPanda likes this.
  14. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

Last I heard, Spacey was an actor.

15. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Keyser Söze levelling up!

16. TheLastPanda

TheLastPanda TS Member Posts: 78   +10

Ive owned three cod games with the most recent being blackops one. Spent more time on Nazi zombies then the all other aspects off all three combined. If there was ONE thing they could have copy pasted it should have been that.

Personally I will never buy cod again because I think the multiplayer is cramped and has no strategy but I think the game market in general needs to move away from a new cod every year. It fractures the playerbase across multiple iterations of the same thing on top of the fact it is already split between next/last gen on sony and Microsoft systems.

17. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah it doesnt look bad. It has potential. Hopefully they dont screw it up.

18. Oh look, another collapsing bridge scenario.

I call a big FAIL on this one. Shame.

They really need a new director who can make these things interesting, not just flashy.

19. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Addict Posts: 234   +67

Looks like they're starting to get it right again. COD needs a strong focus on single player. They multiplayer masses will buy the game regardless, but I originally liked the series for the campaign. It's one of the few games that makes you feel you're playing an over the top action movie. I enjoy that, but like many people have said on here, the quality has gone from enjoyable to WTF??? Ghosts was horrible. I had to force myself to finish it. BO 2's campaign wasn't bad, felt cut off. The end things started getting really cool, and the game just ended. Could have been better. MW3 was terrible story wise, but ok action wise. I liked MW2's campaign a lot. The ending was great. But MW1 and prior I never played the multiplayer at all. The campaigns held up well enough for me that I was done, and satisfied with the games. Hopefully that's the direction they're going.

20. Add campaign co-op with regular updates and additions and I'll pay the $60. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Some of us are not the only child with no family or friends to play with and require online multiplayer to gain attention and feel loved. Some of us actually actually have LAN parties with family and friends and require games that have campaign co-op. World at war rocks for campaign co-op.

21. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

No gameplay footage... lol

22. No chance I will pay money for another activision incarnation, I am still pissed about the $$$ wasted on BO II.
    Ghosts was too buggy to buy

How much better can this be?

23. Forg0t2

Forg0t2 TS Booster Posts: 147   +25

Did they just steal Titanfalls concept???? They must be desperate.....

24. It's the guy from K-Pax, awesome, too bad it's Call of Duty though. :x