TechSpot

Call of Duty Elite beta coming July 14, 2011

By Emil
Jun 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Activision today announced that the invitation-only public beta for Call of Duty Elite will begin on July 14, 2011. While the full capabilities of the service will not be on…

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

This is arguably the most hyped up game of 2011. Be interesting to see if it lives up to it.

3. RaiDeR55

RaiDeR55 TS Rookie Posts: 45

YA key word there Tom is Hyped for sure.

4. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

hyped or overhyped? ;)

5. And they will be charging $8 for a "service" that sounds the same as bungie.net Really though, gun stats, heat maps, exclusive map packs? How much money does Activison want?

6. jetkami

jetkami TS Rookie Posts: 99

Wait...did'nt Call of Duty Black Ops suck?

7. I find the Call of Duty franchise these days liken to a flaming pile of sh!t

8. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

All of it.

9. Wow halo 4 looks gay

10. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +44

I'm glad I saw the hand writing on the wall way back when I was avidly playing Call of Duty "Modern Warfare". Everything between #1 and #4 was solid, but when #5 came along, I thought to myself that I didn't like where this was all going, so I stopped buying the games at #4. In my own opinion, the Call of Duty franchise is weak, it's lost it's allure, lost it's edginess and pretty much traded in it's spirit for the ole mighty dollar. I just for the life of me can't understand why the companies involved with the Call of Duty games, just couldn't leave well enough alone. They had something magical with the epic #1, a needed to be reckoned with game with #2, a monster with #3 and a juggernaut with #4! I don't know, the game to me since #5 has traded in it's soul!

11. CoD franchise became like Fifa, every new year a brand "new" CoD...

12. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 958   +114

They don't make enough money from DLC already?

13. will we lose all the features in black-ops that they are offering with this elite service? Meaning, will I now have to pay for such services. I haven't really followed this much, I just know that it's a pay service. Thanks for any info.. :)

14. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

I saw the writing on the wall the second Kotick admitted he wanted to see games cost $100. And then it became true with MW2. $60 + 2 $15 DLC = $90 for One Game.

And yet you point out to people that this mad man wants to drive your hobby into the ground and you get labeled as that "no-fun-allowed guy who hates videogames".

15. i still think its bs that we got to pay for extra if we have ps3 or xbox

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.