TechSpot

Camcorder dvd-r disc wont copy to hard drive

By lily33
Jul 5, 2008
  1. I'm desperate to find a solution to our problem... I have a sony handycam - I have 3 mini discs of my son's first year. I was hoping for his first bday party to have the 3 discs combined and turned into a movie. The 2 discs copied to my harddrive fine - but the 1 disc wont. I can VIEW all clips from the disc on the computer when the disc in the hardrive - but it won't allow me to save it to my computer so I cannot edit it. It only allowed 3 clips (there are around 6 on the disc) to be copied - and told me there was an error.
    There must be a way to copy the entire disc since I can view the footage from my computer?? Please help. The disc is of my son's birth which is very important to us. Thanks for any suggestions/advice!!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,926   +167

You may have a format error on the first disc. Go to some place like Wal-Mart and have them transfer the mini disc contents to a standard CD if they can

3. lily33

lily33 TS Rookie Topic Starter

will try that - thanks for your help!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.