Can any of you guys help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is now crashing nearly every time it tries to access the Internet with some exceptions when there seems to be no problem and all runs well until next time I restart it or it comes out of hibernation and tries to connect again.
I am running Windows's XP home, using a time traveller laptop.
A couple of months ago it was running poorly, frequently freezing and occasional blue screens. I reloaded XP and now it runs much better however it still blue screens when accessing the Internet as above.
I have two 1 GB memory cards. I have removed one at a time replacing with the other but the problem still persists.
The last two, stop:0x40000080(0x89DDAAD00x89945F30,0x8054994C,0x00000001) and stop:0x40000080(0x859CEAD0,0x855502B0,0x8054994C,0x00000001)
In the event viewer I get error Dhcp 1002 and Dhcp 1007
Can any of you guys help?
Thanks.

What type of Internet connection are you using?

Try this:

click Start, in Start Search type cmd, and then press ENTER.
Type ipconfig /release, and then press ENTER.
Type ipconfig /renew, and then press ENTER.
Verify

To verify that address conflicts have been resolved:
click Start, in Start Search type cmd, and then press ENTER.
To verify a DHCP client lease, type ipconfig /all to view lease-status information.
The output of the ipconfig command should show an IPv4 or IPv6 address marked "preferred."

Thanks T magic,

What type of Internet connection are you using?
I am useing a ASDL netgear router, there are other computers connected to it but not always on.
I followed your instructions although not quite clear what you meant by:
The output of the ipconfig command should show an IPv4 or IPv6 address marked "preferred."

It is crashing still!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back