Can anyone recommend RAM?

What's your CPU? This will determine if you need fast RAM or not, but in any case you should be able to get 8GB for well under $100.

Personally, I'd aim for Gskill, like the ripjaw series. Read good things and last I was looking they were good on price.

What's your CPU? This will determine if you need fast RAM or not, but in any case you should be able to get 8GB for well under $100.

I agree with slh28. In this case, most preferable options regardless of CPU support are Kingston HyperX Blu 2x4gb DDR3 1600 ($43), G.Skill Ripjaws X 8gb DDR3 ($68), and Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600 ($85). The prices are currently valued here in our country, but you can check out Newegg for their prices. On top of that, two of these rams are single channel only.

Personally, they are good under $100 8~16gb RAM value. Mine's a G.Skill Flare 2x4gb DDR3 1600. I wished I own one of these too. :p

FOLLOW UP: G.Skill RipjawsZ 4x4Gb 1600 DDR3 (Though it crosses the $100 mark a little bit) - Thanks Dawn 113.

I wish I knew something about the system in which the RAM would be installed.

Nonetheless, I'll venture a guess and say go for 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600. I have GSkill RipjawsZ installed on my machine as I got a better deal for them. They're quite solid, as well. So GSkill Ripjaws would be my second choice.

Nonetheless, I'll venture a guess and say go for 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600. I have GSkill RipjawsZ installed on my machine as I got a better deal for them. They're quite solid, as well. So GSkill Ripjaws would be my second choice.

How much did you spent with your Ripjaws Z? Is it a 16gb? I'd be surprised if it's 16gb, I mean *wow*, what a great deal! (y)

How much did you spent with your Ripjaws Z? Is it a 16gb? I'd be surprised if it's 16gb, I mean *wow*, what a great deal! (y)

Yes, I have a 16gb kit. I bought it at a special discount from a shop I frequent. Not much cheaper than the listed price, but good enough. The folks at that shop have become my friends, actually. I hang out there a lot.

I've had some really good deals off them over the years. In turn, I have tried to do business with them as much as I can. When I need or want something for my rig, I go to them first. I'm pretty much an impulse buyer, and like I said, the deal was excellent -- so I just got what was there. :)

PS: Tell you a secret, though. Sometimes it pays to be female. :D

PS: Tell you a secret, though. Sometimes it pays to be female. :D

I too have a secret; I just contacted my hardware vendor today and reserved a 16gb RipjawsZ Quad for $134 . Going to get it tomorrow. So in my case, it pays to be patient! This was the one I was waiting for.

Thanks to you and to the topic starter of this thread, though he hasn't replied regarding his specs. :D

Back