Can dust in a PC cause it to randomly freeze?

jayjaymozza

Hey I have been having a problem with my computer, after I power it on 5-10 minutes later it just complete freezes, so I opened it it up it has some dust inside, would this be the cause ? If not what else could it be ?

Yes it could be. Other than that, your mobo, outdated drivers, bad memory module could also contribute towards system freezing.
For the time being, use blower to remove every bit of dust from the CPU case as well as remove RAM's from the slots and clean dust from it too.

If the issue still persists, try booting in safe mode or start system in clean boot mode.

Let us know your progress.

Oh okay thanks for that, ill get it done now and let you know what happens, if I dosnt happen when in safe mode what could it be ?

It still does the same thing after cleaning, it seems to be okay until I use it, it can be sat on the desktop for hours but as soon as I open up web or a game or anything after about 5 minutes it freezes

A new what? We have to discover what driver it is or you can re-install Windows fresh including all the Windows Updates

Hard drives don't need drivers. You really need to have a friend or computer shop look at this for you. It is also possible that the PC has a virus or other malware infection

The hard drive may be going bad. Keep this in mind after CHKDSK completes. If the freezing continues have the hard drive replaced

Absolutely yes! You may try to back up any important stuff before the hard drive dies altogether

Back