TechSpot

Can hardly hear audio output

By magiclight
Jan 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The soundcard in question has been working fine, until earlier I could not get a new mic to work (it didn't have one before).

The card is a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound card, it's a two piece set but I broke the front panel a while ago as plastic around the jack came off - meaning when a jack is plugged in it's to loose. So I always use the rear port now.

I figured plugging the front panel back into the sound card I would be able to see if the mic slot on there worked - it did not.

After disconnecting the front panel I turned the PC on to find very low levels of audio output, when I turned it to max on the stereo all I could hear was the music I playing faintly and some background noise/static.

The issue i'm concerned with now is getting my sound back to normal,

All comments welcome, and thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Kind Regards,
    Magic
  2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 467

Is this with speakers or are all problems through the headset? Are you using Windows 7? Right click the speaker icon and open the volume mixer and playback devices to check that the mic level is up. If you are using speakers, what kind?
  3. magiclight

magiclight TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 67

Problems are with both the speaker and headset. When I just plug the headset in the noise is very faint, only when I plug in the speakers and put them to max can I here the music I was trying to play, accompanied by noises/static.

And yes, them settings show volume to be at 100%.

It may also be worth noting that everything was working fine till I started messing with it.

EDIT: I'll be taking the computer to our local repair shop today, i'll update the post on what they have to say. More feedback is still welcome!

Regards,
    Magic
  4. bandit8623

bandit8623 Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.