TechSpot

Can I alternate between HDDs

By xRussx
Jun 22, 2007
  1. Hi,
    Once I have the two drives set up as master and slave............

Is there a way to alternate between? Without restarting and going to the boot menu. Or is there a alternative way to set them so I can alternate without restarting.

Russ

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

"Alternate" means what? You want to make the master the slave and the slave the master while the computer is running? What on earth for?

3. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

i would ask the same as nodsu, why? i have two drives, but i have one totally for storage, although the second drive does have a OS installed on it but i keep it as total slave.
    i can still initiate the start of a programme that is on that second drive. i think the idea you have is a recipe for a problem and some confusion. nevertheless if you do go ahead, best of luck.

4. xRussx

xRussx TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

O...k, thanks for the info.

I have the extra drive because my children are forever downloading junk and causing havoc,so I put another drive in for myself.And as dummies do, I asked a dum question.

Cheers

5. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

it wasn't a stupid question.. please ask away on anything, there is always someone willing to oblige:wave:
    if you have a good firewall, set it so that it will block site they download from and need to ask you to allow it..

6. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

7. xRussx

xRussx TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

Thanks Tomrca,a simple solution that would have worked in the very begining,but now would be a battle I just want to avoid.

CCT,that link was a great find for someone like me,and will put it in my favorites for future reference,thanks.And you have helped me,so I will definately not! kick my dog today.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.