Can I fix my laptop speakers?

I have a Acer laptop, and my speakers have stopped working. about 3 days ago I was listening to some music and my speakers got really staticy......the static calmed down after 30 min or so and then they worked fine. Now they have stopped working all together. I cant even get sound when I plug my head phones in. I have checked all of the volume levels and everything is normal. I even ran a scan to see if it cound diagnose the problem and everything came back "no issue to diagnose".

is there anything I can do?

If you go to youtube or any website with sound, can you hear anything then? If no, I'd think your sound card may of died.
Have you gone into the Control Panel to check Sound & Audio devices?

Have you tried reinstalling the audio driver? It might fix the problem. It could be that your speakers might of burned out, but then you said the headphone jacks don't work either, so it's probably not that. lol If it still doesn't work after installing and reinstalling the audio drivers, then you could get one of those usb audio device or one that fits into the express card slot in your laptop if it has one.

Back