Can I play Fallout 3 or Oblivion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectorsigma32

I was wondring if I could play ethier of these games if im low on ram witch I realy think I am I can get anther gig and if I hav to I will buy a 1gig video card any answer ??

Attachments

• My System.jpg
    My System.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 11
Best place to look: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

But from just glancing at your specs you should be able to run both granted at low settings and you just barely meet minimum for Fallout 3. Looking around I saw some pulling it off at 15 FPS with similar specs as you (1gb RAM - 7600gs).

And if you do any upgrade just get another gig of ram so you have two. RAM is really cheap and is probably the best and easiest upgrade for what you have. Buying a new video card with 1gig is a waste of money for you (RAM and VRAM are different btw). If you want to do a lot of upgrades you're better off saving and starting from scratch as your system is dated.

yea i know but can get my part quite cheap a 1 gig ram is about $60 and the video card aout $120

If the prices are really that inflated in NZ I'd recommend waiting until you can do an entire system overhaul...and it's :( . You can easily get a stick of older RAM for like $30 in US (45ish NZD I think). I'm sure there might be cheaper alternatives for ya but I'm not familiar with them maybe someone else with insight can help out.

you should be able to run both games with just a 6800GT @ 800x600 resolution and low settings, DX9. 1GB is enough for low settings as the texture quality will be garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back