Can I play games on my PC?

Computer specs:NTEL CELERON D 3.06 GHZ,1gbRam,80 GB HD,Acer,im not sure what graphics card to get either :p thx for help if you help me guys.

I guess the answer would be yes... but probably <5fps...

not really enough info for anyone to answer you. the model of the video card would really be helpful.

but I am guessing a celeron with only a gig of ram probably has a fairly unimpressive graphics card as well, unless its something you added later (assuming not though or youd know what it is).

and a celeron/1GB isnt a very powerful setup for gaming anyways, even with an awesome gpu...

Certainly depends on the game. Anything modern and graphic intensive is probably going to look bad and be pretty slow. As far as what video card you can add that would depend on what type of slot you have available (I'd guess PCI-express) and the size of the power supply. You're certainly going to have to go low-end with the graphics card.

sorry about that, I read it as you werent sure what graphics card was in it, not what one should you get.

no ideas for ya there, I know the radeon 5770 is the one I currently want myself.

yes, but not anything that is graphics intensive. simple games yes. new games on low resolutions maybe.

The only full spec I could find on an Acer F-6, was at Cnet; http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-acerpower-f6-p4/1707-3118_7-33033492.html

The was a unit with a P-4 631 as the CPU. However, they probably shipped pretty much the same PC with Celerons installed also.

This machine has DDR-2 (up to 2GB).

There is one PCI-E x 16 lane available, which is what you'd need for the video card upgade you're planning.

BUT, (big but, get it?), the power supply is only 250 watts, and for all intents and purposes, must be changed if you install another video card. Your PSU is too small, AND too old, to guarantee adequate results.

Please download this version of SIW; " SIW Without Installer (English-Only) ", from this page; http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html directly to your desktop.

Double click the green "SIW" icon to launch the program; that will give you pretty much all about everything pertaining to your PC.

thx man :) right now im using a laptop witha 250mb graphics card in and it says it can run cod 4 ect but needs better prossecor like my new one im getting so is it possible to do a switch??
Take out GC from laptop to computer

okayy i can play resident evil 4 and silent hill room on this laptop but my computer will be better all i need is a suitable graphics card just tell me this pls
can i just get any graphics card or does it have to be a certain one?

You're probably better off just saving your money for a new computer. Look around TechSpot and other sites for budget PC guides. If money is really tight and can't afford to get a new rig, you may consider getting a console instead.

You're probably better off just saving your money for a new computer. Look around TechSpot and other sites for budget PC guides. If money is really tight and can't afford to get a new rig, you may consider getting a console instead.
Since this machine does ostensibly have a PCI-E slot available, why don't you suggest a low to mid price graphics card, instead of running your mouth about buying a console?

Oh I'm sorry, are you going to consider that a personal attack? https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic157438.html I gotta jet now! Off to enjoy my indoor plumbing and all that......

Since this machine does ostensibly have a PCI-E slot available, why don't you suggest a low to mid price graphics card, instead of running your mouth about buying a console?

Oh I'm sorry, are you going to consider that a personal attack? https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic157438.html I gotta jet now! Off to enjoy my indoor plumbing and all that......

Sure you can put a new engine in a 1988 Yugo, but it still will be a 1988 Yugo. 1 GB RAM isn't going to help him out.

And my suggestion about a console is valid if he wants to play the LATEST games with any sort of graphics quality. If you're going to spend 200 bucks to put a graphics card in a crappy computer, then spend 50 bucks to buy new games to play on the crappy computer, you're probably better off buying a 200 dollar console to get decent quality game play, then tinkering around to squeeze good performance out of a Celeron.

Why don't you take your own advice genius. You yourself said:

" BUT, (big but, get it?), the power supply is only 250 watts, and for all intents and purposes, must be changed if you install another video card. Your PSU is too small, AND too old, to guarantee adequate results."

So, now add PSU to graphics card. Are you going to admit that he needs a new computer, or you're just going to insist that he spends 500 bucks to bring this computer up to speed?

Have fun at the crapper, hopefully Moscow has sent you enough newspaper to wipe your ***.

Sure you can put a new engine in a 1988 Yugo, but it still will be a 1988 Yugo. 1 GB RAM isn't going to help him out.

And my suggestion about a console is valid if he wants to play the LATEST games with any sort of graphics quality. If you're going to spend 200 bucks to put a graphics card in a crappy computer, then spend 50 bucks to buy new games to play on the crappy computer, you're probably better off buying a 200 dollar console to get decent quality game play, then tinkering around to squeeze good performance out of a Celeron.

Why don't you take your own advice genius. You yourself said:

" BUT, (big but, get it?), the power supply is only 250 watts, and for all intents and purposes, must be changed if you install another video card. Your PSU is too small, AND too old, to guarantee adequate results."

So, now add PSU to graphics card. Are you going to admit that he needs a new computer, or you're just going to insist that he spends 500 bucks to bring this computer up to speed?

Have fun at the crapper, hopefully Moscow has sent you enough newspaper to wipe your ***.
A "low to mid price" graphics card wouldn't be $200.00. You're counting in worthless rubles maybe?

You apparently can't count or read. Why do we need to listen to a bunch of BS about how a fifty buck PSU, and a hundred buck video card add up to 500 dollars.

A "low to mid price" graphics card wouldn't be $200.00. You're counting in worthless rubles maybe?

You apparently can't count or read. Why do we need to listen to a bunch of BS about how a fifty buck PSU, and a hundred buck video card add up to 500 dollars.

Ah, so on top of a crappy computer he's going to be using a crappy graphics card to play the latest games.

I can't read? Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking. If you're taking into account that I'm insulting you by calling you Russian, its probably unlikely that I'm Russian myself. But perhaps you are?

So now he's bought himself a 50 dollar PSU and a 100 dollar video card, and he loads up Black Ops and...not enough memory.

But please, keep going, so now we have GPU, PSU, RAM, say 250 now, want to keep going?

Celeron Ds are horrible. I've had one for a while (back when I thought clock speed was everything) and then I put a X1550 in it. Doesn't help, although certainly better than the integrated. Played Warcraft III (DoTA + Ladder) on it and expect 20fps on all low + 640x480. Looks and plays absolutely terribly.

+1 for whole new rig / console.

TechSpot has some excellent guides.

EVGA GT-240 $34.95 after 40.00 MIR + Free shipping.
Celeron Ds are horrible. I've had one for a while (back when I thought clock speed was everything) and then I put a X1550 in it. Doesn't help, although certainly better than the integrated. Played Warcraft III (DoTA + Ladder) on it and expect 20fps on all low + 640x480. Looks and plays absolutely terribly.

+1 for whole new rig / console.
And on that note, the integrated graphics in my Core i3-530 are most likely better that your 1550

Here's a GT-240; EVGA GT-240 $34.95 after 40.00 MIR + Free shipping.

And then we have the $45.00 PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033&Tpk=Antec EA-380D

Now, whatever is going to be done about the graphics, if this PC is going to be kept in any state, it surely wouldn't hurt to treat it to a new power supply.

Yes, Celeron D is terrible. The very latest Cedar Mill issues aren't all that bad.

So, this thing is never going to run "Metro 2033". And something that's also never going to happen, is either you or comrade Gwailo putting your checkbooks where your mouths are.

So this would run many games fairly well, for under a hundred dollars.

And there's something that neither of yoiu have considered, is that if the OP switched to a console platform, any games wouold have to be re-bought or re-pirated. And I put "re-pirated" in there as an option, since most of the juvenile delinquents on this site think they're entitled to do that.

Why stop there, why not just steal the computer? I guess I forgot to ask the OP if he was planning on buying his games or stealing them.

I'm not sure about putting checkbook where mouth is, do you expect me to buy him a system or something? Are you gonna spring for that GT 204 for him? Cause I doubt you can swing that and your trailer rent with your disability check.

Why stop there, why not just steal the computer? I guess I forgot to ask the OP if he was planning on buying his games or stealing them.

I'm not sure about putting checkbook where mouth is, do you expect me to buy him a system or something? Are you gonna spring for that GT 204 for him? Cause I doubt you can swing that and your trailer rent with your disability check.

I'm doin' jus' fine there Guido, I live in my own house, by myself. When I get lonely to talk to some ***** with a big mouth, I just click on any thread you're involved with.

I guess that blew any chance of you and the other windbag buying me a system didn't it? I mean after all, you say I'm impoverished, and you know how other people should spend their money. Gee, and it's almost Christmas. Have you bought your hammer and sickle for the top of your tree yet?

I'm doin' jus' fine there Guido, I live in my own house, by myself. When I get lonely to talk to some ***** with a big mouth, I just click on any thread you're involved with.

What a sad and lonely existence. No wonder you're so bitter lashing out at people left and right. I'll light a candle for you on Sunday so that Jesus may bring some joy into your shriveled black heart.

What a sad and lonely existence. No wonder you're so bitter lashing out at people left and right. I'll light a candle for you on Sunday so that Jesus may bring some joy into your shriveled black heart.
I know it's awful. I'm down to my last string of 50, all clear mini-lights, to decorate my statue of Lenin.

And on that note, the integrated graphics in my Core i3-530 are most likely better that your 1550

Actually I run an i5 with a 460, thanks. But yes, you are most correct. My point was rather to get a new rig because I feel the money spent on the current one isn't worth it.

UNLESS...

Here's a GT-240; EVGA GT-240 $34.95 after 40.00 MIR + Free shipping.

And then we have the $45.00 PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033&Tpk=Antec EA-380D

Now, whatever is going to be done about the graphics, if this PC is going to be kept in any state, it surely wouldn't hurt to treat it to a new power supply.

... You really can't shell out and REALLY want to play, well then take his suggestion here.

And there's something that neither of yoiu have considered, is that if the OP switched to a console platform, any games wouold have to be re-bought or re-pirated. And I put "re-pirated" in there as an option, since most of the juvenile delinquents on this site think they're entitled to do that.

Point. I also appreciate the insult. Nearly slander, it is.

I know it's awful. I'm down to my last string of 50, all clear mini-lights, to decorate my statue of Lenin.

Now I feel bad for being mean to you.

I'll donate 5 bucks to WikiLeaks in your name. Not as good as a new system, but you'll help spread democracy and truth.

Now I feel bad for being mean to you.

I'll donate 5 bucks to WikiLeaks in your name. Not as good as a new system, but you'll help spread democracy and truth.
Do you think you could spare another fin so that I could continue to uphold the ideals of the Miss America Pageant?

Back