TechSpot

Can I run games well with this rig at 1920x1200?

By gamingguy27
Aug 18, 2008
  1. Hello,

I've recently really wanted to buy a monitor, but I wanted to know how well games are going to run before I make the massive leap in resolution...

My rig is:

1 x 2.85 GHZ Q6600 (quad core Core 2 Duo)
    4 x 1GB Curcial Ballistix 800mhz (oc'ed to 980mhz)
    1 x 8800GTX BFG OC Edition (768mb)

and I want to get a monitor with a resolution of 1900x1200...

I mainly play, Call of Duty 4, World in Conflict, Crysis (no chance), and Grid.

Regards,

Alex.

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

Should be fine. Not sure you will be able to run all kinds of high-end video effects like HDR and full-scene anti-aliasing but the resolution shouldn't be a problem with the 8800GTX. What brand of monitors have you been looking at?

3. gamingguy27

gamingguy27 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 168

4. EXCellR8

They both look decent however I would probably opt for the Benq just because Dell's tech support is a joke. I would read what is in the reviews and then make a decision off of what others are saying. Both monitors will look amazing with the right video card anyways so it's just a matter of choosing which brand you want.

5. gamingguy27

gamingguy27 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 168

6. EXCellR8

That monitor is real nice; I think you'll be happy with it. Looks like it's got all kinds of neat features and from what I read in those reviews the image quality should be nothing short of stunning. I like the USB ports on the side, although not real practical I guess but whatever. Like I said before, both are good choices but I would just go with this one.

7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,190   +415

Actually - that setup should be just fine for those games at that rez. The one that will probably give you the hardest time is World in Conflict.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.