CAN I RUN WoW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariee

hi i am thinking of getting WoW but my PC is getting kind of out dated now and i think i need to get a new RAM ... i have :

Intel celeron - 2.8 GHz
256MB DDR
80 GB hard drive
geforce 4 MX
64MB video memory

i don't think i will be able to run WoW very well. I fit in the with min req. But i don't think i will run it well. I have guildwars and it lags really bad in big citys and while in big battles. I am worried about this happening to me as i will be paying for WoW monthly

p.s. ty for anyhelp

cheapest thing for you to do is get a new graphics card; that's the highest performance increase per dollar ratio. At least a Geforce 6 series or an ATI X1K series. Those will be about $70 - $200 depending on specific cards. Also upgrade the RAM; 512 MB least, 1 GB preferred. Lastly upgrade your CPU/MB. Most obviously this will cost the most. AMD has nice prices right now if you don't want the bleeding edge Conroes. Try an XP AM2 or X2 series. The X2 3800 is very popular for $180 at the moment on newegg.

thankyou i will look into it. just 1 more question. Dose the graphics card have anything to do with the game lagging/jumping.? or is that more to do with the ram? because when i look at what i need its always the RAM thats diffrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back