Can I take my Xbox video card and put it in my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I'm a newbie to the fourum, so if this is in the wrong section tell me so i can copy and paste it till im in the right one.

Ok. As the the title says, i want to take what ever the heck is in my xbox (the GPU) and put it in my pc. (Yes, my graphics card is crap

Is this possible? Is it hard? Does it required saudering it in or somthing? Will I get a SODA?

NOTE that i am talking about the ORIGINAL Xbox here. Not the 360.

If i can do this, could some one tell me how?

Thnx!

Kalibur K

P.S. Can i do the same with the harddrive? I know its a weird format but can u format it to fat32 or ntfs?

P.S.S. Can someone run to Walmart and get me a diet cherry vanilla coke?

Here you go Sir
main_photo_newproducts_black_cherry_vanilla.jpg

The video card depends on your computer specs (ie can it take it)
I can't see any issue with your Hard Drive (after re-partitioning)

Not sure if anyone has done this !

Just running off assumptions here but, I can't imagine they would design the 360 to use a standard bus system (such as PCI-E) with a removable expansion card.

Whatever it uses is likely (I'd put money on it) integrated and customized for optimal compatibility with the rest of the 360's hardware. Thus, it would not compatible with any mainstream PC motherboard. Don't bother trying ;) spare yourself the effort.

*Edit*

Haha, like a fool, I failed to see the "NOTE that i am talking about the ORIGINAL Xbox here. Not the 360", but I assume everything I said still applies to the original Xbox.

Thnx guys. Still i realy need that graphics card. I heard that some modles have that "nVida" or whatever the spalleing is and that its good. Regardless, the level of graphics any of the xbox models can produce is far supirioor to my pc's. I cant even do a decent video chat. It lags like hel*.
Here are my specs. (probably wont work. its old as sh*t.)

NOTE: I am copieing this off of EVEREST and i dont know what is relevant or not so just tell me plz k.

Os: XP Home Edition SP2 (running Vista Inspirant Bicropack)
Cpu: AMD Sempron 3000+ (DOSN"T HAVE SSE2 OR SSE3 :(
Mother Board: Asus A7V8X-LA (Kelut) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, Lan...
Mother Board Chipset: VIA VT8378A UniChrome KM400A
System Memory: 704mb (Taskmanager says 1724mb)
BOIS Type: Award (06/06/05)
Video Adapter: VIA/SG3 UniChrome IGP (64MB)
3d Accelerator: VIA/S3 UniChrome
Monitor: Compaq 7550 [17" CRT] (MYAJK0B053)
Auido Adapter: VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

I think thats everything relevent. Get back to me plz.

Oh, and kimsland, you gave me a black cherry vanila coke not a Diet cherry vanila coke.

One more thing. If i could do this stuff how would i go about taking apart the xbox and then my pc, putting it in, reformating and get drivers for all this stuff?
(Sorry, I'm great with software, but i am HARDWARE IMPARED!)

The hard drive is only 8 gigs, not really worth using, and the video card in it, on some wierd coincidence that Microsoft put it on a pci bus is only 64mb anyways, by looking at your stats you already have a video card with the same amount of ram. Outside of doing this as a project to pass time I think that honestly you should just go buy a video card, a 128mb card is pretty cheap now adays

Computer freak: Thanks but i'm in debt to my mom.

Kimsland: Thats A Diet Chery coke not a deit cherry vanila coke.

Zenosincks: whoops! I didn't see that! Im retarded sorry.

Mattb2e: Thanks for the tip. The only reason i wannted it was to dual boot.

BTW. this is knida off topic but it involves the graphics card. I try toi load up jedi academy. the menu is fine, but once i click on something the mouse moves after i move tha actual mouse. and when i start playing after about 3 minutes at the MAX, it eitehr freezes with no audio loop, or the screen goes completely white and i hafta reboot. any thoughts? I could play it last time.

*EDIT* I did a clean install of XP home not too long ago.

*Another Edit* with that card could i play the pc version of halo? halo 2?

*Another other edit* Kismland, you DID try actualy going to walmart and buying me one, right?

You can't, the video is not on a PCI, or AGP, or PCIe card that can be removed. The outputs aren't even the same even if you could. Anyway, bottom line is no you can't.

The hard drive, yes. But if its stock its only 20 gigs I think, which isn't much.

Hehe, this was an odd question. I knew that they weren't any format we could use (I have already checked) in a pc, yet I didn't get here in time to explain it.

Your right SNGX, it isn't much, considering I am using a 20gig in my new computer. The drive only has a few games on it, with Steam on it and it only has 5gigs left.

Edit: Yes, I did know it wasn't much to start with, but it was my only hard drive.....

My point is that I wouldn't worry about the hard drive.

93% of the internet population uses myspace. If you are part of the 7% that doesn't follow stupid fads, copy and paste this in your signature. LOL...

Any way, no body saw the Jedi Academy post, or it was too off topic they just ignored it?
OK. My graphics card could handel it before. Did a clean install of windows, when i load the menu the cursor lags. i can play online for maybe 3 minutes, then it freezes with a short audio loop or the screen goes white. Then i hafta reboot. Any thoughts?

Oh, and kimsland, They never made a Diet Cherry Vannila Coke.

Here

Your ASUS motherboard has an AGP slot. AGP isn't as good as the new pci-e x16, but still good. You can find a graphics card thats BETTER than the xbox's gpu for pretty cheap.

try this one. FOR ONLY 50 BUCKS.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102073

or you can contact me at simmonsmatt63 at yahoo.com

My company BMD computers (bmdboneyard.com) , will build you a custom gaming pc. They start at just $300. I know what your thinking "WTF $300 dollars, it probably has a P3 in it"

Here are the specs of our stock model (core fire PC)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: Intel Pentium D (dual core) @ 3.0GHz

Hard drive: 250gb sata (minimum)

video card: 128mb ddr2 Nvidia quadro fx PCI-E (minimum... we've put 9800gtx gpus in these before!)

system memory (RAM): 2gb ddr2 (minimum)

OS choices: windows xp SP3 pro (preferred), Linux Ubuntu
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We built and sold our most powerful pc for $1000. Here are the specs of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: Intel Core 2 quad (quad core) @ 3.0GHz

Hard drive: 512gb samsung Solid State Drive sata

Video card: Palit Nvidia Geforce gtx 275 (896 mb gddr3) palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=1156

System Memory: 4gb ddr3

Get the HD 3850 AGP like I did and you will be very impressed with it. Your CPU will bottleneck it though, so maybe the HD 3650 is more your speed. As for the Xbox GPU, that is part of the Xbox mobo, so there is no way to do that unless you can create a GPU from scratch with all the necessary equipment. Even if you could, that GPU is like a GeForce 4 series GPU, which isn't worth much these days. Can't even run Jedi Academy with it, (My favorite game BTW).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back