Can I upgrade my video RAM?

Hello,
i have an eMachine laptop model no E725.I wanted to upgrade my video ram of my graphic card.can i do that or can i change the video ram or the graphic card.plz give any idea about that i need it for some gamings.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-eMachines-E725.16917.0.html

Your laptop uses the intel integrated graphics processor
The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (GMA 4500M) (sometimes also called GMA X4500 M) is a DirectX 10 capable integrated shared memory graphic card for laptops. The mGPU is integrated in the Intel GM40 and GL40 chipsets and designed for cheap laptops.

I'm afraid like the majority of laptops there is no upgrade possible for the graphics card processor or the memory (as it simply uses some of the system memory/RAM).

So its own video ram could not be change into a higher one.

No. It is hardwired in the laptop so to speak. You are unable to change or modify it. Sorry for the bad news ;)
Although there have been devices released in the past which allow the use of a desktop graphics card via an external interface. But not sure how cost effective they are.

Asus External Graphics "XG Station"

Never read any reviews on these peripherals but probably not worth the expense.

thats ok.hey now days there are so many thing external.does a graphic card also comes in external...........if it is so which is?

Added one such device into my previous post. Don't know much about them other than they exist.

Back