TechSpot

Can I upgrade Windows 7 Starter on EEE PC1015b?

By yeshekathy
Nov 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. HI all,
    I have an EEE pc 1015b 5 months old and have already upgraded the RAM to 2 gigs because it ran soooo slowly when I got it. It came with wondows 7 starter - can I upgrade to the proper windows 7 (would like the media player options) without losing even more performance. It's still pretty slow and freezes if it has to do too much - like use our 32" tv as a monitor to show pictures or videos.
    Any advice about the upgrade - or about why it freezes and what I can do about that would be great.
  2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 892   +39

3. yeshekathy

yeshekathy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks - what a speedy reply - will look into it - I am worried about the netbook running even slower... do you think it will?
    Can I reverse the upgrade if it does?
  4. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 892   +39

According to Microsoft's article, it's possible to uninstall Windows 7 and revert back to your older OS (scenario 1): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971762

Performance wise, I'm not sure. Probably not much worse. The Aero theme might cause a bit of a lag.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.