Can my computer handle the Radeon HD 7750?

Hello to all, my PC is old and not good I know, but I want to buy better video card and I need your help because I don't know much about computers. I want to buy Radeon HD 7750.
I have:
Motherboard: Gygabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
CPU: DualCore Intel Pentium D 940, 3200MHz
2 GB RAM
PSU total output is 400w max

So can my PC handle Radeon HD 7750 or I should buy a new one?

Being one of the Lowest Card in midrange the 7750 and having a Dual core intel pentium D 940 it should be able to run perfectly even though ur motherboard only supports pci-e

What do you wanna do with it? Yeah, your CPU is old, so it'll prob be bottlenecking mid-high-end graphics cards.

I play games, and I need good video card. And I don't know if my PC can use 100% of that video card speed and preformance because is old.

First of all the Motherboard and pc will be fully operating the graphics card if theres a bottleneck on the 7750 it will be really minor probably un noticiable second of all upgrade that ram from 2 gigs to 4 gigs dont expect for this card to do u wonders if ur gonna play on 1080p but let me asure u if u play at 720p u will get some decent frames + quality out of it

First of all the Motherboard and pc will be fully operating the graphics card if theres a bottleneck on the 7750 it will be really minor probably un noticiable second of all upgrade that ram from 2 gigs to 4 gigs dont expect for this card to do u wonders if ur gonna play on 1080p but let me asure u if u play at 720p u will get some decent frames + quality out of it

I play Dota 2 and with my current video card GeForce 9400 GT its not going good . I set everything on low and rendering minimum , and still every 3-4 seconds when I play my screen freezes for like 0.2-0.3 seconds. Its not going good , and I can't play it like that. By the way I play on resolution 1280x1024. That is why I want to buy Radeon HD 7750, its good for the money. I am worried if my PC can't use that video card maximum speed and preformance, so I still can't decide to buy it or not :p

Without considering the video card; Per this page you are at the minimum requirements for the game. You are well below the recommended specs.

I suspect that you would be dissatisfied with the performance even after adding the video card. Suggest you build or buy a new PC with these specs as recommended on the linked page:

* Processor: Intel Pentium G630 2.70GHz ( I would suggest an i5 instead )
* Memory: 4GB DDR3 ( I would recommend a minimum of 8GB -- Windows 7 performs better with 8GB )
* Graphics: AMD Radeon HD7750 GDDR5

Happy gaming.

I play Dota 2 and with my current video card GeForce 9400 GT its not going good .
No wonder! The GT-9400 is less potent than the integrated graphics in the new Intel "Ivy Bridge" CPUs. Most notably the CPUs with the HD-4000 IGP.

I don't see a reason not to buy the graphics card, and give it a shot. Hey, if it doesn't work out, you've got one less part to buy for your next build.

Your LGA-775 945 chipset board is ancient history. Possibly your PSU as well. IDK whether or not the new video card will over tax it. The Pentium D processors are power hounds, in and of themselves. With an old PSU, one of those, and a new graphics card, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

So, my best advice, try the card, but replace your PSU right along with it.

Without considering the video card; Per this page you are at the minimum requirements for the game. You are well below the recommended specs.
Well, the Pentium D he has, is a bit punchier than the minimum recommended P-4 they're showing. His current video card is a turd, plain and simple.

This isn't a terribly high spec game, so a new graphics card, along with a PSU might keep him happy for a while.

The memory issue, can't be resolved without a 64 bit OS, so there's no point in worrying about it, or buying a copy of Win 7 or 8, to stuff in a PC this old.

Try it, abide with it, save for a new PC. In that order.

Plan on transferring any parts you buy from now on, to the new machine.

Back