can my pc run oblivion smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani123

Will my pc be able to run 'oblivion' at a playable framerate? I'm not willing to get it unless i'm sure it will run on my system modestly(i wouldn't mind if it has to be kept at medium or low settings,but it must run smoothly).My system specs are :512mb ram,2.4ghz p4, winxp (sp2),nvidia geforce 6200(256mb,256bit) with driver version 84.21.

I'm not sure what you consider playable but I will guess you'd have a very hard time playing/enjoying the game with that PC.

yeah, it'll do good (maybe not great though). my pc specs are half that (but i get like 7fps on lowest setting) so i don't really play it. if you are affraid of waisting money why don't you try downloading it by a torrent, i did, seeing as i'm not rich like all of these other peopl -_-

if you are affraid of waisting money why don't you try downloading it by a torrent, i did, seeing as i'm not rich like all of these other peopl -_-

umm ok..well have fun ruining your computer and getting arrested

Advocating downloading illegal copies of software is frowned upon in these forums. Why not just download the legal demo of Oblivion?

Will I be able to run Oblivion?

I am curious to know whether my machine will run Oblivion decently or not. I have a 3.0p4 (478) with 2 gigs or DDR 400 RAM, and a AGP XFX 6800XT 256mb, 256-bit video card. I'd like to know before I spend the money and find out the hard way.

kinneyro5 said:
I am curious to know whether my machine will run Oblivion decently or not. I have a 3.0p4 (478) with 2 gigs or DDR 400 RAM, and a AGP XFX 6800XT 256mb, 256-bit video card. I'd like to know before I spend the money and find out the hard way.
I'm running it fine (which means 30 fps indoors, ~20 out) with Athlon 64 ~2.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM and a 128 MB 6800XT card.

The game is pretty much GPU-limited above 800x600.

I think at low setting it will run fine. The box says 2GHz P4 or equivalent, and a DX9 compatible card. You guys are better off than that. I just bought it Friday, must say it's fun. Plays OK on my son's P4@3.75GHZ with a 9600 AIW, plays great on my A64@2.68 with a x800gto. Like said the GPU is the biggest limiting factor. A 9600 is not real fast but plays it just fine on low at 800x600. The game has a wide range of settings and resolutions to choose from and it will set defalts that will work smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back