can my system ahdnle this video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazdude

saw this card in tiger direct, for a very good price, wondering my computer can handle it.

this is the card:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1892409&CatId=0

and too lazy to post my system specs, lol, so ill post it here, its an hp pavillion a1211n here is the computer manual:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...jumpid=reg_R1002_CAEN&cc=ca&docname=c00503713

and here is a manual of the motherboard as well:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...oduct=1148036&lang=en&cc=ca&docname=c00496280

and final questiom, is that video card a good video card?

I also want an ati card since that way it can use my current ati radeon express intergrated and have dual monitors, which would be awesome, lol, specially for games

yes that card will def run in ur system and yes should be a good card.

You should also consider the PCI-Express versions of the GeForce 6600GT, 6800, 6800GT and Ultra.

I am not vastly clued up on the ATI cards but these nVidia cards should compare very well (maybe even better) both performance wise and cost wise. Your best bet would be to decide on 2 cards and post a new thread asking for opinions on which would be best?

PS: You can run dual monitors from one graphics card, GeForce cards come with nView which is dual monitor setup software. I believe ATI's come with similar software.

yeah, but this mobo has an ati intergrated chipset already, and i went to the ati website and ive read external cards get a little boosts from it, or something like that, yeah, i also have the gefore 6800 in mind

What ATI integrated chipset do u have? What software do u want to run in dual screen mode? The boost u mention, is that purely when running 2 screens?

The problem with onboard graphics is it usually draws from the rest of the systems resources, namely RAM. As such it reduces the amount of RAM ur PC has in reserve affecting performance. If you just use the graphics card then all graphical power is drawn from it. As for the integrated boosting a graphic card's performance this may be the case but most likely to the detriment of the rest of the system.

Personally i would always disable onboard graphics in favour of a graphics card.

You could always try posting a new thread asking for opinions on the 2 options. I'm sure u'll find someone who's done similar and has more experience with ATI graphics cards than me.

Howdy

With the ATI Radeon X1300 Pro you'll have dual moniotrs w/o onboard,
it has vga/dvi and will most likely come with the dvi to vga adapter as do
most of the nVidia cards.

As for your system handling any of these cards, make sure your Psu is
up to snuff ie; 400/450w or better. This could be tricky on your system.

With chipset, I havn't seen too much posted about combo problems,
Intel cpu with nVidia chipset and Ati work well together
as do Amd Ati chipsets with nVidia based cards.

I would avoid tryin to use onboard video like "cookiedude" pointed out.
G'Luck & let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back