Can not access Regedit; Cmd; Taskmanager and Windows Update won't update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've recently had a few problems with Vundo & Pakes. I used AVG; Sophos to clean and scanned computer with Ad-Aware etc. Nothing is showing up. However, I can not access Taskmanager, Command Prompt, Regedit. Whatever happened during this infection also turned off Windows Update. I turned it back after downloading I get a message telling me installation failed. In addition, I can not see the icons in the system tray. Whatever happens during the boot up process the system tray becomes transparent and I can see through it to the desktop.

I've attached a copy of the HJT log and hope that someone can help me.

Kimsland, I downloaded the program and follwoed the instructions. Unfortunately, after reboot the problem still exists. Any further thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome.

Please uninstall AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 (from Add/ Remove Programs, in Control panel

Restart, then...

Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

Kimsland, you are a star. You're last piece of advice and the malware program, which found 22 infections that none of the other programs I have installed picked up. I removed them, rebooted and hey presto, everything is working. You have my thanks and appreciation.

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
51983181.star.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back