TechSpot

Can not reinstall The Sims 1 and The Sims Livin' Large expansion pack

By jes23653
Jan 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. i installed the sims and the sims livin' large expansion pack too and then i didnt want the both anymore so i uninstalled it but it didnt uninstall the sims only the expansion pack and now when i try to reinstall it pops up with make changes to this computer i hit yes and then nothing happens. Please help me i really want my sims game back on my laptop! It worked before but now it doesnt!

2. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

So if I understand you correctly, you installed 'The Sims' and 'The Sims: Livin' Large' expansion pack. You then decided you no longer wanted 'The Sims: Livin' Large' expansion pack and uninstalled it. Now you are trying to reinstall 'The Sims: Livin' Large' and upon being prompted to do so nothing happens?

If this is the case I first recommend backing up your saved game data. Now uninstall EVERYTHING Sims related and start from the beginning by installing 'The Sims' and then 'The Sims: Livin' Large'. Also make sure your cd's are clean as that may have been the issue.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.