can not view quicktime videos and such using mozilla firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopefisher

i am never able to view videos and things that require quicktime to be installed. it tells me to click on an image to install it, but that fails, and it tells me to do a manual install. i do that, and still no luck. l currently have the k-lite codec pack installed, and it has the quicktime alternative installed, but i guess it does not work for some things. anyone else got this issue here? maybe i will make a new thread whjile im at it lol.

thanks, howard, you always find a way to help me, this did the trick.

...and how did you get an animated avatar? my profile would not let me have one, lol!

No problem mate, glad your problem is solved.

As for the avatar. It has to be no bigger than 50x50 pixels and has to be in the gif image format.

There`s a very useful online gif resizer HERE.

Just as an experiment, try saving this image to wherever you want, then try and use it as your avatar. It`s already been resized.

Spike-1.gif

Regards Howard :)

no, it still tells me that i can not use animated images :(

i even tried using your avatar, but it would not let me. maybe you have special priveleges because of your forum status?

Maybe the rules have changed since the VB upgrade.

I don`t know whatelse to tell you.

Possibly you`re correct. Maybe only mods can use animated avatars.

As you can see, I was able to edit your avatar. maybe you were doing something wrong?

Feel free to change it, if you don`t like it.

Edit: I have had to remove your animated avatar as they are no longer allowed, except for user that already had them before the policy change. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57891.html. See my pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back