Can Outlook and Outlook Express be synced?

Hurriken

I have a laptop from work that has Outlook 2007 installed and working well. I also have a PC in my office and I was wondering, if I went the cheap route and installed Outlook Express on my PC could I sync it with my laptop? I have never used Outlook Express before.

I'm running XP on my PC and Win& on my laptop. I also have an old copy of Outlook 2003 but I can't imagine that would work.

Have never tried that combination, however it may be possible depending on what type of mail server you're connecting to. Will also depend on what type of delivery option that you're currently using, ie: is Outlook being directed to a pst file or does your mail stay resident on the server.

I'm not sure what you mean. It is my work email which is on my companies server. The webmail they have is aggravating at best so, long story short, I have outlook 2007 on my laptop now and it seems to work great. My boss said that he has Outlook 2007 on his PC and he syncs it with his laptop. I am not sure if they will pay for Outlook on my home PC so I figured I'd try to find a cheap skates way around it!

In the past I have used the Outlook synchronization feature in conjunction with offline folders that allow you to perform routine email functions when not connected that are completed the next time you logon to the server. If I'm following, it sounds like you actually just want to use multiple email clients to connect to the same email server, this is possible provided that email messages are retained on the server after being read or downloaded.

For example, I use Windows Live Mail on my home personal computer to access my Gmail account using IMAP and SMTP. It is set to not delete messages after they have been downloaded so I simply wind up with a copy of my Gmail account on my PC. Then I can still access Gmail using a standard browser from work or another location and see the same contents, your objective seems to be very similar to this.

The following link provides a good overview to what I'm trying to describe:

Leave e-mail messages on your e-mail server

You will probably need to work with the IT team at your office to get the settings you'll need to configure Outlook Express. Standard settings are often changed for security reasons so the default values may not work. Hopefully, this is of some help or at least gets you pointed in the right direction.

I travel (laptop) and when not on the road I work in my home office(PC). What I really want to do is to be able to access all of my email from either computer. I often have to search back in my older emails and I need to have quick access to it. I am almost positive that the email stays on the server regardless of what I do...that is why they forced me to stop using my Yahoo account for work and switch to the company system. My boss told me that he has Outlook synced on both of his computers and he can do what I want to do.

I know I can do what I want with what I'm using now (Outlook Web Access Light) but in my opinion it is terrible. I have trouble formatting it the way I want it and it goes down for hours at a time. Pretty sad that I can't check my email on a solid computer with a cable connection that has 11mbs dl speed and my Iphone is still able to do it!

I was also thinking, Can Outlook 2007 be linked with Outlook 2003?

Back