Can`t set res. higher than 800x600

By RiverDan
Oct 5, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judt replaced my Voodoo5, (boohoo), today with an ATI 9000Pro. Now I can`t get my res. higher than 800x600. I used to be able to with the Voodoo. I have an older monitor, but it worked before. When I change it to 1024x768 under advanced options, the screen acts like its larger than the monitor. Any help would be great.

P.S. No 1024x768 option under ATI taskbar launch.

Thanks, RiverDan.
  2. Tweakster

Tweakster Newcomer, in training Posts: 224

I had this its down to Drivers. Look in system properties and see if your monitor is correctly installed if it is check Voodoo is correctly installed. If there ok look for a newer monitor or graphics drivers.
  3. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

It may even be easier, look at the very front of your monitor. What does it say? That could be the model number right there. Go to the manufactures web site and get the right "INF" file for the monitor and it should work.
  4. danezal

danezal Newcomer, in training

even though u have the ati drivers loaded, u may not have the control panel software loaded. load the ati control panel software and u shouldn't have that problem anymore. if ur screen is bigger than ur monitor, that means ur display is probably in tv mode. the control panel software will address that too.
  5. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

www.amd.com - Why can't I set the resolution of my video graphics card at or above 800x600?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.