Can you guys rate my PC build?

1. I'm building a pc some time in the future. Could you rate me on a scale of 1 to 5 on my specs? Keep in mind that my budget was 350 (total was 351) and that I am a beginner and this is my first build. This pc is meant for internet and semi-gaming.

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M V2 AM3 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - $55

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4GHz Dual Core Processor - $70

Power Supply: COOLMAX CA-300 300W ATX Power Supply - $21

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320 GB Hard Drive - $90

RAM: (x2) G.SKILL NS 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 RAM - $28

Video card: Nvidia MX 5200 GPU - $20

Sound card: VIA VT1708S - $0

Case: Cooler Master transparent side panel blue LED case - $50

Optical Drive: Samsung SATA CD/DVD-ROM optical drive - $17

Fans: 1 120mm blue LED front fan, 1 rear power supply fan - $0

TOTAL PRICE: $351
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

3 for basic task, 2 for gaming and low settings.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,069   +1,180

^^^ +1

and 5 for budget build

I'm not sure I would spend $20 on the MX 5200 when the motherboard looks as if it comes with comparable performance in Geforce 7025/nForce 630a. If you want to use this build for any kind of gaming, do yourself a favor and skip the MX 5200 for a better performing card. Any of todays budget cards would be an improvement.

newegg search - These cards are a massive improvement (over 8 times the performance) over the MX 5200 and would work great with a 300W PSU.
  4. ihaveaname

ihaveaname TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 127

I'm impressed ... it would sure flog the hell out of my (at the time) $380 netbook :)
  5. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,570   +41

I would get 4 gigs ram and a 70$ or so video card raising it by 100$ but giving you way more performance. Unless your running it on xp then I would not get more ram just a better video card.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,069   +1,180

I believe the following quote would be 4GB (2x2GB) of RAM.
    What I'm not sure about is whether buying two of them could be used in Dual Channel mode.

7. odriscoll27

odriscoll27 Newcomer, in training Posts: 81

Very nice budget build 5/5
    but i agree you are probably better of yupgrading the graphics card almost seems a bit obselete with that mobo :p

james
  8. orondf

orondf TechSpot Member Posts: 95

build gets 5/5.
    but the graphics card is way outdated so you should get mobo with intergrated graphics which will be better and not much difference in price.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.