Cancelling a Windows Vista Update

hammjam

Hi

Another problem: I'm running Windows Vista, and I have it set to inform me whenever there are updates and I pick and choose which ones I want. Recently, I opted to install an update for my Wacom pen/mouse tablet, thinking this would be fine. Something happened in the middle of it, and computer reset (I was away from my computer). And now every time I start up, computer asks me if I want to continue installing this update, but whenever I try to, I get a blank window and nothing seems to be loading, and eventually the whole computer freezes up. Now I've disconnected the Wacom tablet and I don't get that notice anymore.
The strange part is that if I check the windows update list, it shows this particular update as being successful.
Is there away to completely withdraw this update since it seems to be in some state of limbo, trying to download but not able to complete and might be responsible for other issues with my computer?

Thanks!

Please edit your post rather than create another new thread with a duplicate post.

Your 2nd thread has been deleted.

OOOPPS! SORRY!

Guess I posted that TWICE because my computer keeps messing up. SORRY. Its hard to tell if something gets posted when you're computer freezes up all the time (please see a previous post about my laptop freezing up).

THANKS for pointing that out to me! Real good job, mate! Appreciate it!
Had I known that I'd posted the same bit of information twice, I would have DEFINITELY deleted the duplicate entry... but again... my computer won't logon for more than a few minutes (I think 25 minutes is the record right now) before it freezes up on me and I'm forced to do a hard reset. My bad. I will learn that in the future, I should look past such technical difficulties so that I can better edit my posts.

Thanks again!

Try using System Restore to undo the update. Restore to a point before you tried that update.

Back