Cannon MP530 printer won't print images, only text

DrUnKeNMaX

Cannon MP530 print,scan,fax. The printer always worked great. I've been out of INK for 4 months. I finally bought the pgbk 5 black ink cartridge so I could print resumes. This works fine as usual. I decided I'd add a page of pictures displaying my work in grayscale. The printer only prints a blank page. I cleaned the cartridge right before trying to print images so I don't know if that did something? I just downloaded the latest drivers from cannons website...no change. I've tried several different image files...still prints text fine...and it will print goodgle homepage image and all. Please help this doesn't make sense...

P.S. Is it because my bk 8 black cartridge used with yellow magenta and cyan is empty?

Thanks,

Dane

more likely the heads are clogged.

print Picture in gray scale says printer mechanics are good

same picture in color => nothing ? ==> color print heads.

It doesn't matter if the image is color or grayscale to begin with...either way it does nothing. I'm selecting the print option from the windows picture viewer. *I only have black ink btw*

You may have to make sure that ALL the print cartridges have some ink in them, in order for the printer to print images even when printing in grey-scale

Back