Cannot access company's website on LAN

Guys, the history:

Change web hosting provider a couple days to a new provider (externally hosted website).

After the Change occurred I was unable to browse my website from inside my LAN but can do so fine on an external connection. Other websites can be accessed from within my LAN its just my internal.

My Previous website worked fine (with a different provider) I could have browse the website from inside the LAN.

I have also created the A record in my DNS to point to my webserver hosting the website.

I have the same domain name and website url.

Any Advice Guys.......

confirming facts:
the website is on your system, inside your LAN.

now you've changed the IPS and the DNS A record for your domain.

The attempt from your browser to access http: // the domain name.com/ now fails.​

Testing your local access is done using IP addresses, not domain.names; eg http: // 192.168.x.y/

As you likely have a dynamic connection from your ISP, you need to
1) register a ficticous domain.name with DynDSN.org
2) port forward from your router to the IP address of your server (which must have a static or address reservation in your router)

Website issues

No, My site is hosted externally outside of my network.

When I enter: wwwmydomaincom I get an "HTTP Error 403.4" display.

I can ping the page and get a response to my IP of my external webhost.

The port forwarding option does net help...

Any other Ideas?

ok. The 403 is a website server permission error. If you moved your website from one hosting solution to another AND this is the first time accessing the new site,
then there is a permission setup necessary on the new host - - call the ISP

I am now thinking so, but do I call my ISP or my webhosting provider to sort out this permission issue.

Also why then am I able to view this website outside of the network but not internally?

Please clarify?

I am now thinking so, but do I call my ISP or my webhosting provider to sort out this permission issue.
403 is a website permission error !
Also why then am I able to view this website outside of the network but not internally?
good question; who controls the LAN setup, you or some I.T. admin?
If you're using some proxy to access external sites, then the proxy can be playing with you.
Notice: you report error 403.4 while website codes are integers like 301, 302, 403, 404, 500, ....

Back