TechSpot

cannot access folders or internet explorer. after system restore.

By snoop101
May 17, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently whilst messing about on my computer changed the screen refresh rate from 60hz to 100hz and the screen went blank. Consequently. in safe mode i restored it and thought all was well.

Unfortunately, i cannot access any of the folders as they do not respond or anything within them (however itunes still works and the songs still play) and i cant access internet explorer. Other than in safe mode the internet explorer and folder "image" can be seen, at present, in normal login, it appears as the image for when a program cant be recognised. However. Mozilla Firefox works fine.

Also everytime i try to open taskmanager it comes up with a graph of cpu usage and cpu usage history.

I have used system restore twice and after each restore it freezes and i have to re-boot.

I have no virus scanning software as i havent updated it. However when doing any virus scans or spyware scans it freezes in the "shared dll's" section of the windows folder and i dont know what to do (used adaware se)

I have the original microsoft windows cd and all cd's for drivers to my drives as far as i am aware.

help!

snoop
  2. snoop101

snoop101 TS Rookie Topic Starter

all is well once again

i read another post and all i needed to do was a check disk the 5 stage check and it found the error and corrected it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.