Cannot access the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oddball

So... My brothers laptop has been acting funny lately, and yesterday, for some reason, the internet stopped working.
It tries to connect to my router wirelessly but it cannot connect at all, I tried to plug the cable in but it still wouldn't connect. Then I tried to log in to msn, that, of course, didn't work either. But in the dialogue box it says that there's something wrong with the DNS and the network... Something (Don't remember the name of it in english).
Is there any way to repair this? I've got to get it fixed, I've scanned the computer using Avira and no result.

Get into the device manager and see if there are any yellow asterisks in the list. If you find one, right-click and uninstall the device and reboot the computer

Get into the device manager and see if there are any yellow asterisks in the list. If you find one, right-click and uninstall the device and reboot the computer

I tried it... Didn't work, anyone else got any ideas?

No need to qoute posts right under yours... Did you see anything in the device mamager at all?

I did see like 4 things, and I un-installed them as you said... Reboot the laptop but still no connection.

If you saw 4 yellow asterisks, you might have to reinstall the motherboard chipset drivers. You can find these on the laptops manufacturers website

OK... But the 4 asterisks where hidden, do I still need to reinstall the chipset drivers?
And since it cannot access the internet... I guess I'll have to download the drivers to this PC and transfer it to the laptop.
Thanks for the help.

So I did install the driver... No use, still no connection, I guess I'll just wait and hope for it to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back