Cannot access the router settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace630

Hi everyone
I recently bought a belkin router from someone
I am having trouble accessing the settings for it though
I have tried the default ip address for belkin and it doesnt work
I have tried resetting the router but when pressing the reset buttin the router just doesnt seem to do anything
I have it connected to my computer wired and it does seem to find it as does my computer seem to find the router
I have tried ipconfig and for the local area connection it does not being up a default gateway
Any help would be very much appreciated

Did you use the Belkin install disk, or a download? There are a number of slightly different versions that each require a different install disk or download.

I didnt get any disk with it
I didnt think you needed one if it isnt plugged into the usb port

Hello,

Please try and let me know what happens when hyou hard reset the router do all the lights go out and then come up one by one or do they continue to be light up.

if the second scenario then the router has gone faulty bad luck

Yeah got it pressed down hard for 7 seconds and nothing
I have tried all sorts of time frames with no luck at all

Hello,

I used to work for a uk ISP, and we provided our customers routers. and i am sure if the lights still stay on after the reset button is pressed the router has gone bad.

still you can also check ofr issues like if there is any DNS push on your PC or Laptop.

Also check if you are able to ping the Router Ip on the command prompt.

ping 192.168.2.1

will get back to you with more details tomorrow.

Hi,

This means that you have DNS push on your PC. Please set it back to Auto and you should be able to get the issue resolved.

Mandar

Hi,

This means that you have DNS push on your PC. Please set it back to Auto and you should be able to get the issue resolved.

Mandar
Hum; after many years in the business, I've never heard of 'DNS Push'; please describe.

The 169.254.x.x address range is the MFG Default that occurs due to the inability
to access the DHCP server.

about your router problem , did you try it on a different computer ?i always like to narrow problems down by trying the simple things 1st ,but thats me ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back