Cannot access to a MicroSD card

abbasi

[FONT=verdana]Hi all, [/FONT]

I have a Micro SD card (4GB). When I put it to my computer (windows 7 ultimate 32-bit) from USB port, I can't access into it. And writes "Removable disk G:" (like below image) and doesn't show other specifications of that volume. And when I double click on it, a pop up window appears and says "Please insert a disk into removable disk G:". I used some commands line "chkdsk /f G:" in command prompt window, but it also writes "can not open volume for direct access". And also right click does not work on that volume for format it. In the command prompt also formatting results the same for chkdsk /f g: as message unfortunately.

[FONT=verdana]Is there any way to access into that volume?[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Thank you.[/FONT]

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 12
Is "removable disk G" there all the time? Often times card readers just show up in My Computer whether anything is in there or not.

What happens if you remove and insert the card while having Disk Management open? Does anything change in there?

Can you connect the device that uses the card to the computer through a USB cord? Is the card readable that way?

If those all fail, then, I'd suggest finding out what card reader it is and downloading the drivers for it (just in case) and then deleteing it through device manager and rebooting.

Is "removable disk G" there all the time? Often times card readers just show up in My Computer whether anything is in there or not.
When I insert it through my card reader, there is a drive named removable disk G, and when I remove it, that drive will vanish.

What happens if you remove and insert the card while having Disk Management open? Does anything change in there?

Nothing. I have did that before to see what would happen. Only writes removable disk G and writes "no media".
Can you connect the device that uses the card to the computer through a USB cord? Is the card readable that way?
I only use this way. no.
This card reader is a physical device which just connects the micro sd card to the USB port. It doesn't install to the machine and doesn't need the driver so that there to be possible to renew it's driver.

You can always just delete the USB root hubs. Doubt that would fix it based on what you've said, but it certainly shouldn't hurt. Windows should just reinstall those drivers on reboot.

Run USBDVIEW as admin. Note this app has to be downloaded and it's freeware.
When you run it as admin you will see all the connected and disconnected USB devices.
Here is what your going to do it remove all the disconnected USB devices.
Make sure you don't remove your keyboard or mouse and don't have anything else in the USB ports except the mouse and keyboard. .

Once you remove the rouge disconnected USB devices, reboot the system
Now connect your USB devices back into the system.

Also another way to fix USB is to remove the controller drivers just uninstall them but don't delete them. This way when you reboot your PC Windows will rebuild these drivers and install them. That also fixes the USB issues.

Sometimes you might have a bad card/reader/writer or the sdcard is defective or plastic is cracked or fallen apart.

Thank you tipstir. I think the problem does not belong to my machine, including my ports, my OS, even my card reader. The only think that I doubt about is the sd card itself. I guess it's dead or accessing to it is not possible.

Hi, I get this same problem trying to save files to a MicroSD card, which is expansion RAM in my Nokia phone.
I have two USB card readers with 'MicroSD' slots, and neither read it.
But if I plug the MicroSD card into a MiniSD adapter, then plug that into a standard SD card reader, it reads and writes ok.

Hi, I get this same problem trying to save files to a MicroSD card, which is expansion RAM in my Nokia phone.
I have two USB card readers with 'MicroSD' slots, and neither read it.
But if I plug the MicroSD card into a MiniSD adapter, then plug that into a standard SD card reader, it reads and writes ok.
Hi mike,
My card reader has several ports from one way and one USB part on another way. Any card (like micro SD and M2 and others) which is not comformable to USB port can attach to that card reader and then by the USB part of the card reader, it attaches to the USB port of the computer. Now I don't know what do you mean by miniSD adapter.

Hi abbasi, I use one of these adapters .
It's not RAM, just an adapter to make a microSD fit SD slots.
I do have microSD slot on my USB card reader, it just doesn't see the card, as you have said about yours.
(I just realised it's not a miniSD size, there is one, it's bigger than the micro but smaller than full sized SD......it's to fit some PDA's and a few phones, not the one I have here !)
This works for me. (See photo.)SDmini_adapter.jpg

My card reader (see two below images) has 4 slots (for MicroSD, SD and so on) to fit them to the USB slot of the machine. The problem is that, the cards reader works well for all of those 4 types of cards. The problem whatever that is, it is related to that microSD card. Perhaps it's dead!

Attachments

• 130520131732.jpg
    130520131732.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 130520131733.jpg
    130520131733.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 1
Back