TechSpot

Cannot boot Fujitsu Amilo Pro

By JustMeAndMe
Nov 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Suppose to say
    First post here hope its in the correct place.

Anyway the other day i downloaded sound card drivers for my Fujitsu Amilo pro, everything was working fine until i went to turn it on the following day and i got a error message saying
    HDD not detected...
    I then tried to install Windows XP and this was saying that it couldn't detect the HDD either. I called Fujitsu yesterday and was told that there was a problem with my HDD and that i would need to get a new one. I have taken the HDD from one of my previous laptops (booted fine) and tried to boot of that but when it starts to load windows a blue screen pop up for a mila second and then it restarts.

I have since tried installing XP on my new HDD but after the part where it copys file the system restarts and tries to boot the old version of XP and i am now baffled and dont have any idea on where i should go from here.

P.s. both hard drives are Hitachi.

Thanks in advanced for any help :)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,800   +158

You need to delete the old or existing XP partitions and create a new partition and format it using quick NTFS. Let the XP install finish

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.