TechSpot

Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

By raymaniam
Aug 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I want to make my IDE the primary hard drive and SATA the secondary. By default windows selects the SATA but I have issues with partitions and I want to use the IDE instead.
    In my advanced features bios I am given three boot devices to choose as I will, but if I want to boot from a hard drive it doesn't give me a choice so it selects primary device being the SATA.
    The standard cmos features show the SATA on channel 0 master and i'm given three options - none, auto and manual. Nowhere do I see an option to change the IDE to primary. How do I do this?
    I have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l mobo
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

In the Advanced BIOS Features you have First boot device; Second boot device; Third boot device. Take a look at the item just above those: Hard Disk Boot Priority

Highlight it and press "Enter." You should see all your hard drives listed.
  3. raymaniam

raymaniam Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I gave up with xp and moved onto 7 jic you were wondering why i've asked about two separate os questions. Both times you have given me all the knowledge I need perfectly. As far as I'm concerned you are the superman of the internet. You champion, mailpup ftw
  4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

I'm glad I was able to help you but many others here could have done the same or even better. I'm far from a superman but thanks anyway. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.