Cannot connect to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatality

the problem starts with a win32 error, and after the problem starts i can ping the server but cannot connect to the database or view the shared files on the server. it states that the computer does not exists on the network. this problem came to existance about a week ago. i have two server and am using a domain and the problem is there in both server. i have scanned for virus using different antiviruses and also have scanned for root kits, it's all clean..but the problem is still there. what may be causing the problem? is it the ICS services? or something else, i think it's an internal windows error but am not sure what is driving it. FYI i'm using windows 2003 server and windows 2000 server, both 32-bit. Help anyone!

start with this test

Pinging by ip-address should always work, but by system name has extra requirements.

If Ping by-address runs then it's likely that a firewall is blocking the connection,
OR a service is missing on the <other> system.

Ports 138,139, 445 allow filesharing.
What happens when you open View Entire Network->click MS Windows Network?
Should be a domain name or workgroup name showing.
Clicking on that, you should have system names.

everything works well. i can view the server and also access its files until the win32 error pops up and the i cannot connect to the server. and i don't know for which process that win32 error pops up. the win32 error pops up on the client computer while accessing server and after this i can't connect to only the server but can connect to other client computers.

and i don't know for which process that win32 error pops up.
Please get the precise win32 error message and follow-up (be sure to state the system which get that message)

Try looking for error.logs and reviewing that content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back