Cannot Copy some files to External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawshh

Hello,

I have an external HDD with capacity of 160GB. I use it mainly on my PS2 because as the PS2 cannot play divx, I use a ps2 exploit to play divx on my PS2 from my external HDD.

I have formated the HDD to FAT32 as the PS2 doesn't support NTFS filesystem. I have been using the HDD for a very long time. Yesterday I tried to convert a movie to 1080p, it converted properly but it is now 4.41GB. It was ~700MB before. When I do copy and I paste it on my HDD, it says that the disk is full even though there is 132GB left on it. :mad:

I tried deleting soem movies from it but it's still the same. I thought maybe it's because the disk is formatted in FAT32. well, I don't know. So, any help?

Thanks in advance.

Does the movie play on your desktop system which you converted to 1080P? Did you change the block size on the 160GB from 512 to 4096 when you had originally formatted it to handle larger media files.

Does the movie play on your desktop system which you converted to 1080P? Did you change the block size on the 160GB from 512 to 4096 when you had originally formatted it to handle larger media files.

Hi,

Yes the movie plays flawlessly.

I used third party software to format the HDD as windows cannot format HDD over 30GB in FAT32. The software is called "USBextreme". It doesn't have an option to change block size:( .

Is there any other way I can format my HDD to FAT32?

The max file size in FAT32 is 4GB. you are going to need to try splitting up the movie or something to get the size under 4GB.

ok I formatted the HDD with allocation size of 4096bytes . I will try to split the movie.

Just FYI the block size shouldn't affect the max file size - but it can effect the speed at which you can work with different size files.

hi,

I splitted the movie with virtualdub and the parts pasted correctly on the HDD. :) Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back