Cannot download/install drivers/programs, Windows XP, Inspiron 530s

I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question, first time on one of these sites.

I downloaded Starcraft 2 last night and went to bed, then got up this morning to install it. When I double clicked on the install file, nothing happened. I waited and did it again. I rebooted my computer and tried again, nothing. When opening my task manager, I have an installer.exe running, but it seems to freeze as soon as I start the file and does absolutely nothing.

So I went to Blizzard's tech support and found the corresponding topic, they told me to make sure all my drivers were up to date. I went to Dell's tech support and found the right drivers, then downloaded them. However, I cannot install them because when I start the install, nothing happens. Again, I get an exe file in my task manager but all it does is appear then sit there.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior? If so, how can I go about fixing it?

If you haven't already do a complete uninstall of Starcraft 2. Can you now do your Dell updates?

Also, when you tried installing the first time did you disable your firewall/antivirus? I found if I don't disable my Online Armor (great firewall by the way) I'll have loading/installing issues. Once I install a game and then renable my firewall then things are fine.

Back