TechSpot

Cannot enter Control Panel

By steveow
Feb 7, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I believe StopZilla started this problem as I could not delete history, temp files or cookies through tools/internet properties or through the control panel.
    Every time I try to enter 80% of the Control Panel programs it just signals a buzzard sound. I can not enter Add/Remove Programs to get rid of StopZilla which has expired the trial version. ALTHOUGH, today I was able, by accidentally clicking the icon, to delete history, cookies etc... through StopZilla. This leads me to believe StopZilla is why I can't enter most Control Panel programs.
    I disabled all StopZilla's "ON" to off , but that didn't fix my Control Panel dilemma.

I did install Kaspersky Anti-virus/malware/spyware etc about 7 months ago and it has worked wonderfully and I don't believe that to be the problem.

A computer tech at work said to try start/run and type appwiz.cpl, but to no avail...the same buzzard sound.

any help is greatly appreciated.
    steveow
  2. mflynn

mflynn TS Rookie Posts: 2,793

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.