Cannot figure out what's causing BSOD

scarborough

Since a few weeks ago my laptop suddenly starts getting BSODs, each one seeming worse and worse. I've been to another support forum and so far I still haven't been able to solve it. I already ran a memtest scan and got to 11 passes without getting errors, so I guess it's safe to say it isn't the RAM (though I have read some errors relating to it can pass memtest), and also the extended version of the windows diagnostic scan.

As for malware, I already ran a scan of Malwarebytes multiple times and came up with nothing, though I guess I still can't be sure if a virus or malware is what's causing my issues.

Here is the compressed version of my minidump files. http://www.mediafire.com/?h9drwwdf1iflchn (was not able to use the uploader here. each of my dmp files were over 200kb and the limit was 200kb or less.)

Hope someone here will be able to determine what's causing my errors.

Okay, please attach the minidumps using a ZIP program to attach them properly and check the hard drive for errors...
Here's a guide that might be helpful:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

What are you doing when the BSOD's are most likely to occur, and what are the Computers complete specs including power supply and video card. Make and model, laptop or desktop?

Ah. Just figured out how to make a zip format through winrar. Attached are my latest minidumps.

My computer is a Toshiba Qosmio x505-q887, running on a Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit), with an Nvidia GeForce GTS 360M. I'm afraid I don't know how to check the motherboard nor the power supply.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    115.5 KB · Views: 1
Sweet notebook!

The minidumps are hinting to a video driver issue. This is uncommon in laptops. Is the laptop over-heating? Are the laptops drivers and the Windows Updates current?

Haha. Thanks. Though it's becoming not-so-sweet after getting these errors. *sigh*

For over-heating, I can confirm that it's not. I've checked the temperatures regularly and everything seems normal. Also I updated the drivers and Windows Update recently as this was also suggested in other forums. But sadly my errors are still occurring.

I have a couple of suspicious events in the Events Viewer under the Systems tab. Should I post those here just in case?

Ok here they are. These appear after every start up I do.

"The BuddyVM service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified."

"Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications."

"Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.
Feature: Behavior Monitoring
Error Code: 0x80004005
Error description: Unspecified error
Reason: The filter driver requires an up-to-date engine in order to function. You must install the latest definition updates in order to enable real-time protection."

As you can see my current anti-virus is Microsoft Security Essentials. I already updated it and even re-installed it but it still does that. It was AVG before, but I got help from another forum and downloaded an AVG remover to remove it from the registry to avoid conflict (?).

My system usually crashes after or before start up (sometimes even in safe mode). I have to restart it 3-4 times before it becomes stable, like it is now (been running it for hours now).

You really think so? If that's the case, then I guess I'm just going to have to get my fans checked up in a store or something. Hmm...

It is really hard to be sure, because you say that the computer runs normally if you can get it started... Especially running for hours. I wonder if the laptop is still infected with a virus or remnants of a virus

Back