TechSpot

Cannot get Aero or Peek to work on Windows 7

By moonfruit
Aug 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. This is really bugging me!
    Having recently built a new computer and installed Windows 7 I have noticed the Aero functions is not working, also the Peek at desktop is checked but greyed out.

I have a Windows Experience score of 5. I have tried tthe Aero trouble shooted and it tells me the Desktop Windows Manager is disabled, but if I look in services it is running!

Also when I look at adjusting the visual effects in the performance menu I only have 15 check boxes and enable Aero isnt there??
    [​IMG]

This is driving me insane, I have updated my drivers.

I an running a AMD Athlon II X3 435
    Asus M4A77T Motherboard
    Asus ATI Radeon HD 4650
    2GB ram

Please help!

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

wow 18 degrees? you should move ;)

Check in the Personalization settings from right-clicking the desktop, you may be able to enable the translucent effects from there. I'm not on Win7 atm so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure if you select one of the Win7 themes it will reset the Aero settings automatically.

3. moonfruit

moonfruit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

Hi
    Yup 18c UK summer!! I actually tried that to no avail...

Finally found a obscure forum about Gamer OSD program causing Aero problems, uninstalled that and everything works!!!

Headache gone, now please lets have some sunshine!!!

4. Sharam

Sharam TS Rookie Posts: 509

Great find!

Now, 18C, that's my kinda temp specially at night, in "The Great White North".