cannot get connection to internet using dsl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

This could be a very Dumb question but my brain is not clickin' right now. I am building a new comp with giga-byte 915pl series mobo. Everything is working except I cannot get any connection to www. My h/w LAN is enable in my bios. I dont have dial-up modem and I use on-board LAN port.

I have a 4 ports hub hooked up to a DSL modem and every single line is working. Every other comp has no prob with connection.

Something I missed to check?

Thanks

Sometimes you have to manually configure things. I would go the DSL's website. They likely have an FAQ section on how to connect if you are having problems. I know mine does.

Nope! Directly connect to DSL Modem would not work either. I did try to reboot/reset modem procedure etc. and nothing happened. One thing I noticed on my ipconfig was there was nothing after window ip config..nothing like ip, subnet and default etc. But when I do ping on my local, I have no packets lost. :mad: l

How do I enable DHCP when I dont even see Network Icon in my Control Panel?ANd when I try to create a home network (on this computer) it keeps saying cannot do it 'cause no hardware found? Do I still need a NIC in addition to the onboard LAN that come with the mobo? My other comps dont have one (just the 56K modem)

No network

Go to Device Manager and see if you have a Network Adaptor and that it's working. If it is there uninstall it and let it be detected when you restart.

check if you have Network Card installed or not, enabled or disabled, you may have to update drivers of your network card as well

Ncesh, check the date of a thread befor u post in it. all this is doing is adding to your post count and if anyone sees it that is they will think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back