Cannot install windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just build a new comp but it wont boot into windows, any reason?

It's a cheap system with AMD 64 3200
Refurb Motherboards > NF4ST-A9 from newegg
OCZ gold pc3200
9800XT

I tried many ways, install from scratch, using norton ghost image, linux on CD, setup for XP cd....

Everytime computer reboot before get into windows or graphic interface.

Any reason or idea? I'm thinking is the refurb motherboard. But why?

Please help.

Thanks.

mokcl said:
I just build a new comp but it wont boot into windows, any reason?

It's a cheap system with AMD 64 3200
Refurb Motherboards > NF4ST-A9 from newegg
OCZ gold pc3200
9800XT

I tried many ways, install from scratch, using norton ghost image, linux on CD, setup for XP cd....

Everytime computer reboot before get into windows or graphic interface.

Any reason or idea? I'm thinking is the refurb motherboard. But why?

Please help.

Thanks.

is this after install or during ?

First, thanks for reply.

The memory work fine on my old system and I used memtest to check the ram in DOS (new system)....work fines.

Using ghost image, the system booted and show the windows XP screen but the second before it get into the windows....it rebooted.

If I install from CD, it rebooted before the setup screen. Right after all the setup checks.

No error message at all. Always reboot before it gets into windows.
So I'm confused. Should I get another board to test it? Any other posibility?

Thanks.

mokcl said:
Using ghost image, the system booted and show the windows XP screen but the second before it get into the windows....it rebooted.
What system was it ghosted from? It is going to have to have similar chipsets on the motherboard for it to work.. But if you get the XP splash screen that means you have a chance. What about safe mode? Also there is a way (forget what the option is) to load each thing 1 at a time, you can see what file its trying to load when it hangs, that may help diagnose.

Also you could try a bare bones boot, with just the hard drive, 1 stick of ram, and video card, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back